Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Saltine Cracker Toffee

I've had this couple of times as part of a cookie platter during Christmas. I've always love it. It's rather sweet but if you have a sweet tooth like mine, it's very yummy!!

It's very very easy and quick to make and most of the ingredients might be already at your house so if you're suddenly in the mood for something sweet, you can whip this up in 15 minutes or less. Definitely need to share or freeze because it so good, it'll be hazardous to your health. (yes, you can freeze it!)

Method:
Grease a big sheet. I used a jelly roll sheet. Then lay 40 Saltine crackers in the pan, right side up. I used Premium Plus.


Mix 1cup of butter and 1cup brown sugar in a saucepan.


Let it boil for 3 minutes.


Pour on sugar mixture on the crackers. I found it quite hard to pour evenly but I guess it doesn't matter since it'll be completely covered in chocolate very soon.


Bake in a pre-heated oven at 375F for 5 minutes.

Remove from oven and sprinkle semi-sweet chocolate chip immediately.



Let it sit a few minutes then spread chips evenly. It will spread like peanut butter on toast. Because the chocolate is spread evenly, it doesn't really matter if the sugar mixture is so even (at least that's my opinion).


I sprinkled ground pistachio nuts on half of it and left half without nuts. Let it cool and voila! Enjoy!

Store in an air tight container. You can freeze it and enjoy it when you get the sweet muchies!!

Warning:
It's so addictive that you might eat it all or since it's so easy to make, you might it too often.

Coming Soon Red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting!

Update: OMG! It was even better today. I ate so many pieces, I think I may have to go for a walk! I noticed that the crackers that had the sugar/butter mixture had a soft texture. It almost tasted like graham crackers. The crackers without but still had chocolate was crunchy but still very good.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment