Search This Blog

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Earth Hour

Today, March 26th, at 8:30pm your city time is Earth Hour. What this means is that everyone at that time zone will turn off all electrical items, including light, computers, phones, tv etc for 1 hour. It's a move to encourage being aware of conserving. As well if lots of people participate, that 1 Hr will make a difference in the world's electrical use.

I'm not sure how long this has been done but I've participated for 3 years. It's pretty cool. The first year I walked around downtown. It was kinda cool to see big corporations participating. The light signs for big banks were turned off, as well as their building. Very cool!!

Another year, I just stayed at home on my sofa in the dark. It was also a very nice experience because you can be awake but enjoy the stillness, peace and darkness.

This year I'll probably walk outside just to see more corporations participating. Maybe I'll see you outside walking in order to be part of Earth Hour.

Earth Hour 8:30 pm




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment