Search This Blog

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Chinese Snacks and Dim Sum

Had a class again with Agnes Chiu (趙太). I think that she is not only a great cook but amazing at teaching her trade. I will definitely make her stuff.

Here's what we made:

BBQ steam rice roll (叉燒腸粉)


Whoa! It was do easy to make that I was shocked. The only hard part was rolling it. I'm sure you're wondering about the texture. It was smooth, tender and soft. The way Chinese would describe it, would be waat



We also made Lotus Seed Chinese Cake. 趙太 made this when her son got married. It's a type of Chinese wedding cake(嫁女餅).



We will make the steam version next week. That's what I'm looking forward to.

The cake was fluffy and tasted very nice. As a matter of fact, it actually is better than a lot of Chinese bakeries.

Lastly we made coconut milk pudding (椰汁燉奶). It was very very smooth. I would like it to be a little sweeter but was amazed at the quality.



What can I say, I can't wait til next week!!

Enjoy.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment