Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Chinese New Year's Eve at Aberdeen Mall

Happy Chinese New Year!!! Hope the rabbit year brings you lots of wealth, happiness and success!!

I went to Aberdeen Mall cos a good friend was visiting. It was good to see this friend, as I don't see her as often as I should. I was sick but I'm guess hanging out with good friends improve health cos both times I saw her, I was quite sick but next day felt better. Now I understand that it's good for your health to keep good people by you!!!

Anyways, I thought I'd share some sights of Chinese New Year (CNY).

Here is are some pictures of the market. This stall was selling Lions. If I had a bigger house, I would buy to decorate my house, as I love lion dance.




Signs of good fortunes and lucky sayings to hang around the house.






At the middle of the mall, there was a stage show. I think they showed it on Fairchild television, if you subscribe to it. The guy with the blue and silver Chinese show is my favorite radio DJ. I think he's funny!!




Japanese chocolate. I wasn't impressed with the regular chocolate but the green tea chocolate was excellent. It tasted like green tea ice cream. This store is located in Lansdowne Mall.




The outdoor lights at Aberdeen Mall.



I can't change the landscape. This is the view of the market from the top.
The following pictures are lion dance. I haven't seen multiple lions dance at the same time since I was in Shunde in China. Like I said, I've always loved lion dance, even as a kid. Now that Milo, the Pekingese, exists, I love lion dances even more. Pekingese behave very much like these "lions"- that's why Pekingese are also know as little lion dogs.

Preparing to go on stage.





The performance



















Happy New Year to everyone!!





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment