Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

2011 New Year's Resolution update- FAILED

I just broke my 2011 New Year's Resolution. After working so hard on keeping my resolution for 11 months, I finally failed. I was so close!!!

I just bought a recipe book at Costco. It was The Joy of Cooking 75th Anniversary. I had to get it for the price. It was such a good deal!



I recently decided that I should have a copy of The Joy in my library but at $40cdn, I thought it was way too much. When I was in Portland in their huge book store called Powell Books, I thought it would be cheap but they were selling for $35USD used. I don't like used books so of course didn't buy.

Then I saw it at Canadian Amazon.ca for $25 plus shipping and was going to buy that on January 1, 2012 since it was an ok price and I would have successfully completed my New Year's Resolution.

Well, I saw it at Costco and knew that I had to buy it right away as there was only 3 left and it was only for $19.99. So The Joy of Cooking made me break my 2011 New Year's Resolution.

I decided to buy it because I wanted to have a cookbook as a reference for everything in cooking. Since this was so well known and owned by many chefs as a starting point, I thought I should buy it.

I haven't tried any of the recipes so can't review it but it must be good to be around for the 75th Edition. The only thing I didn't like about it is there are no pictures of the recipes - it does come across as a reference book.

Just flipping the book though, I liked how it had suggested party menus, depending on event and theme. Maybe if I use this book, I would have to buy another recipe book...NOT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment