Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Fall Bavarian Apple Cheesecake

After posting on my Facebook that I was willing to bake anything for anyone, as long as they pick it up or it's on my way to where I'm going, my coworker requested a cheesecake.

I decided to make this cheesecake as it's easy and one of my favourites. I've made this many times for potluck. One person commented that she's never liked cheesecake but she really enjoyed this one. I believe her because I've seen her decline cheesecakes before at other parties.

This recipe is from Kraft recipes from their website. Here is their picture of how it should look like.







To make the crust, I mixed melted butter and graham wafer crumbs.




After mixing, it should be crumbly texture.




Press into a spring form pan. I don't own a spring form pan. Usually I use a Corning Ware plate but this time decided to try using a removable bottom tart pan. I hope it works!!!





To make the filling, add 2 blocks of soften cream cheese, sugar and vanilla and mix.





Once it is blended, mix eggs one at a time.




It should look very smooth and creamy.




Put the filling in the pie crust.





Smooth the filling.





I sliced one apple in thin slices and put it on the pie. I ate the leftover apple pieces and it tasted like garlic. I was pissed off because I know my friend used my cutting board to mince garlic. I guess I'm picky on my baking stuff cos I'm willing spend money for good quality baking products, both food and equipment. I hate my cooking equipment get ruined, especially when I'm very careful taking care of my own stuff properly...arrggghhh!!

So I had to remove all the apples I placed on my cheesecake and sliced a new apple and placed it on my cheesecake.




Then I mixed sugar and cinnamon together.





I sprinkled it on top of the apples.




Then I sprinkled almond slices and baked for 50 minutes.




While baking, it smelled really nice like apple pie. When it finished baking, it looked and smelled nice. I think the colour looks better than Kraft's website's picture.





Like I said, it looks and smells good. The thing I realized is that my pan is too small so I don't think I will use removable bottom tart pan again. I'll either buy a spring form pan or use my usual Corning Ware plate. My crust and cheesecake almost overflowed!!


Final Thoughts:

I have always consider this as one of my favourite cheesecake recipe because it's easy to make and delicious. My cheesecake repertoire consists of 3 recipes.

In the past, I used to search on Kraft's website for recipes and I saved the recipes on their website. However their website constantly erased my saved recipes so I stopped using their website because I got too annoyed. Well it was during that time that I discovered this recipe.

One thing, it's important to refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 3 hours, though overnight is ideal....it tastes a lot better!!!

Anyways this recipe is good and a go. Go to Kraft's website for this recipe!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment